~MONSOON HIKING~


Monsoon Hiking to changunarayan, Telkot and Muhan Pokhari


A day that almost everyone of our class awaited was finally coming. On Shrawn 4 2076 BS, we all created memories with blessings from god in disguise of rain drops. Monsoon hiking is something our teachers planned for us to refresh our minds and souls travelling away from hectic school works and schedule. The hiking had been shifted from weeks due to heavy rainfall. When the teachers announced our hike on Shrawan 4, none of us could hold back our excitement and joy. The night before the hike felt so long as I and almost everyone of us had wanted to experience our fist monsoon hike. With 49 students and 10 teachers, I created memories that will be always there in the back of my head. 

At 8 am in the morning, with our backs packed full of food and hearts filled with excitement and joy, we headed towards Changunarayan seated in bus filled with laughs and fun. After reaching sallaghari, we started our hiking and headed towards Changunarayan, a place that brings back memories of old days. The path had 'salla' trees which produced a sound when breeze passed by them. The sound typically called 'salla sisaunu' made our walk very cool and relaxing. After an hour of walk, we reached Changunarayan Temple. To me, Changunarayan is not just a place to visit or hike, it is a place to recall my past memories I created when i went to hike the same place with my friends in grade 4. It is a place of which I had dispersed memories which I got to relive an remember on that particular day.We got to see the statue that is printed on a 10 rupees note. Then we had our brunch at 10 am as we lost our energy and we needed a refill. We normally eat alone or in pair, but due to the hike the entire class shared the food. We even shared the food to our teachers. and the actual essence of going on a hike together striked at the back of my head. Then after half an hour, we headed toward trisul dada. The temple had a trisul of almost 10 feet height, giving the reason for naming the place as trisul dada. We reached there after walking for an hour or so. The weather was so clear and good, that almost everything clearly visible from the hilltop. Then we rested and had our lunch at 2pm. As we shared the food among the group of 15, there was a huge variation in the food. I got to taste the kind of food cooked by people of different ethnics as they mixed their signature taste and love. It had been a long time since I last ate food at a open ground and it did gave me sense to realize how fun it was. When we almost finished eating, raindrops passed down our body. Then I wore my raincoat which I brought, expecting the rainfall and again started our walk. This time the route was so slippery and steep. As we had to move down, I could feel my feet trying its best to hold its grip on the little land I stepped on. I really got to realise what it meant to be at a situation, whole-heartedly and undisturbed. After walking 15 minutes, we came across the waterfall. It was then when all of us got all wet, intentionally. Then after playing for a while, we walked down to a sub-fall.  We played in the water again. This time, I got all wet regardless of the thought of being sick. It somehow connected me to the nature and made me realize how beautful the nature was and is. Then we got out of the water, got in the bus and headed back to the school.

On the way down, almost everyone had at least one slip or fall which caused moments of great laughter as well as concern. On our way downa slippery route, I could see the extremely serious and focused faces of my pals, who joked around all the time. It got into me, again that hike was not simply for fun but for experiences and a kind of a technique to bring our mind into a state of peace and concentration. I could feel myself collecting the experiences of eating with people, walking a slippery way, getting wet in the rain and getting acquainted to the nature. It felt big to go back to home with tons of stories to tell to our parents. One of the best things about such hiking is that the rain washes all the woreies away and makes you feel happy like you are unaware of the stress and pressure of grade 10, way to the so-called IRON gate. Thanks to my friends and teachers, I have now a bigger collection of memories.

Comments