School days

My journey with JM

It is extremely strange how a confined,small area of the classroom that once bored me to death, has now become few of my favorite places to reminisce. I was only 4 years when I entered Jagat Mandir and the moment is still vague. However, I find my school truly lovable and remember most of the times where I was able to outdo my normality and be the young girl I am today.

I still remember how I cried on the first day of my school. I joined JM in LKG and I hated that I had to transfer school. Well the only memory I have of those years was peeing on my teacher. I had held it for a while and was crying over having to do so. Then I lost it when she carried me and I peed on her. I must've disgusted her then. I still have guilt for it. 

The memory that live in my mind the most is breaking my hand during a frog race. I didn't want to do the race but was insisted by my teacher, Roma mam to join the race. Then I fell on my face and saved my nose with my hand which pretty much justifies how my hand got a crack. I plastered my left hand and didn't go to school in the first 2 days. Roma mam and Durga mam paid me a visit and it was really nice of them to do so, considering they didn't know where I lived.

Upgrading the class was the most exciting part of the school years. But the most exciting was upgrading form 1st grade to 2 class. Cause we would then have breaks and ECA along with the seniors. It used to be a great deal to choose an eca club. I chose literature. Then my memories are of grade 4 where the sections were separated. I was in Annapurna and the other section was dhaulagiri. We two sections had quite of a tease back and forth and fought a lot.

Similarly in grade 7, puberty hit me real hard. I don't know, I just turned into a stupid thug. And I don't really enjoy recalling the moments of back then. I fought with a lot of guys of my class. I was just arrogant back then and I have a lot of guilt for being that was in my school days. However these memories really make me feel that I had a huge glow up in my personality and I am certainly proud of it.

Then I enjoy the tours of grade 8 and 9. I really want to relive these moments because these moments are of happiness. I really enjoyed the trips with my friends as I got to escape the busy schedule of the school. I enjoyed walking in the lakeside at evening. I enjoyed watching the sunsrise in Sarangkot and the cool breeze against my face. I enjoyed the darkness of the caves. My tour days top the charts of my happy memories.

The annual tours are the most unforgettable events of my school life. The fact I have been to places that my family were unaware of gives justice to my brags among them. The field trips between the school hours are even more precious  because skipping classes is never not fun. Extra dance classes, vocal classes, guitar lessons, art classes, I've done all, within my school's premises during ,y school life. The most beautiful part of my school life is the moment when I was elected as the Head girl which is a matter of pride. 

To be honest, school days are hard. But they are the great days of our life where we are learning and adapting. Few of my school days have been quite rough. Having fights with guys, getting punished, staying up late to finish assignments, being caught in class while sleeping, eating, all of these will always be few of the most unforgettable moments of my life. Some days can be extremely rough but it feels nice to pass them. 

I was able to do great in academics because it was fun to study and be competitive. I loved getting compliments from my teachers so I tried hard to learn the subject matters. And I am very thankful for the teachers to have created an environment where one could find studying a fun activity to do. At the age of 9, I stood among the mass and delivered my speech which has made me a social and confident being. I can speak about issues because I was remarked the first time I did it and found joy in public speaking. As I go back and scan the moment, I could feel the nervousness that was surpassed by the applause of the audience and praises of the teachers. I participated in several inter school competitions and have collected experiences of gold.

Strangely the time of my school years has almost reached its end. After 12 years in Jagat Mandir, I have learnt academics with ethics and cherish each moment I lived inside the premises. With the beautiful memories of my school life, I hopefully will be able to walk out peacefully and leave no regrets behind.

It is an achievement. My school years are my achievements. I've learned, a lot and it is a huge deal. There have been times when I don't want to go to school, but now it's almost off to its end and it is saddening. But I got so many blessings. Class 10 was tough. And I got a lot of harsh comments and its sad that they weren't lies. I hope I will overcome them and be a better person.


Comments